Before we dive in, we want to check in with you – how are you doing?
It would be a lie to say that we both haven’t had our moments of feeling burnt out, alone, and like we are losing our focusing.
So if you have felt that way at all in the last 9 months, you aren’t alone.
In today’s episode, we are sharing some things that we have found that have helped us cope with the current times.
- Picking and choosing our news sources (if any)
- How to navigate social media (even when you use it for business)
- Our self-care practices
- The personal development realizations
- How to find human connection when socializing is not allowed
We know times are tough right now. And we just want to let you know it’s okay to have lazy days, or days when all you want to do is yell or scream or cry. Give yourself the time and space to do that and then figure out how you can go with the flow and get through all this.
Here are some of the things we are doing to maintain our mental health during this chaos:
- Christine has stopped watching or listening to the news entirely whereas Kendra is choosing independent and trustworthy journalists that aren’t in the mainstream media.
- Removing all social media apps from our phones and only keeping ones that are absolutely crucial to our business. That also means turning off all notifications and setting a designated time to go on social media.
- Practising gratitude: being grateful for what we have
- Letting go of judgement. We choose to believe what we believe, and say what we want to say. The thoughts and opinions don’t matter.
- Maintaining human connection. This one is extremely important as we know how much social interaction plays on mental health and wellbeing. It means finding the people you want to talk to and findings ways to connect with them (even if it means virtually). Choose those that don’t suck the energy from you and finds ways to communicate with them.
Remember, if you aren’t in the right headspace, neither is your business. It’s important to go with the flow and allow things to unfold as they will unfold.
We love you and hope you’re hanging in there!